Our TV app experience currently powers the TVs of more than 8 million households on leading brand sets including VIZIO, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and LG. As you know, Connected TV apps run the gamut from fun to functional, including social networking, streaming music, casual games, personalized financial quotes, locally relevant news, weather and sports, and more than 75,000 movies and TV shows on demand.
App developers can create free or paid TV apps for the Connected TV platform. The Yahoo! Connected TV Store, featuring a gallery of for-fee TV apps, is expected to launch in the near future. Yahoo! is also preparing a pilot program for broadcast interactivity, which will sync TV apps with live broadcast content, as announced at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show.
New TV apps recently made available on the Yahoo! Connected TV platform include:
- NHL GameCenter™ – The free NHL GameCenter™ app makes a great companion to watching live NHL hockey on television. People can keep track of live playoff scores, stats, news, and highlights from around the league without leaving the game they are watching. Full-length archived and classic games dating back to the 1960s can also be accessed by linking an NHL Vault™ or NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscription.
- Vimeo – Host your videos in high quality on Vimeo.com and watch them with the Vimeo TV app, along with thousands of other inspiring works from talented creators.
- BIGSTAR Movies On-Demand – People can stream from a selection of thousands of feature-length independent movies and foreign films, all for less than 17 cents a day through a monthly membership.
- Home Shopping Network – HSN Shop by Remote interactive shopping gives you the ability to purchase items using just a remote control. It’s easy, secure, and the fastest way to buy HSN products.
- SGNL by Sony – SGNL by Sony provides a close-up look at Sony’s gadgets, games, music, and movies.
- Joomeo – View Web-based photo and video albums in a Joomeo space on the TV.
- Ford – Ford Edge, 2012 Ford Focus, and Lincoln MKX – these Ford TV apps display information and videos about the hottest new cars from Ford. As a broadcast interactivity pilot program partner, Ford plans to integrate these TV apps with live TV commercials later this year.
- TVO Kids and TVO Internet TV – Quality educational video content for kids and grown-ups from TVO, Ontario’s public educational media organization.
- Trinity Broadcast Network – Watch full-length feature films, specials, and TV programs from the world’s largest religious network and America’s most-watched faith channel.
- Local TV stations (20) providing on-demand local weather, news, and sports from the following markets and more:
o Atlanta – WGCL (CBS)
o Detroit – WXYZ (ABC)
o Houston – KHOU (IND)
o Kansas City – KSHB (NBC)
o Las Vegas – KVVU (FOX)
[ No comments | Categories: Consumer ]